Sunday, January 18, 2015

Lab visit

We have all been to the labs to get blood work done. The wait is always unbearable, sitting in a small room packed with strangers, glancing at each person wondering what diseases they might have and thinking how contagious they might be. Some are wearing masks, others are coughing, all sitting in close proximity awaiting one's turn. The wait is usually 30 to 60 minutes of excruciating uncomfortableness.
 Well I did something about it this week. I discovered that now you can book an appointment in advance, arrive at the lab at your designated time, avoid any wait and leave within minutes.
 I arrived this past Thursday at the lab, 8:10 am, with health card in hand, ready to go straight to the front of the line accompanied with a slight haughty glance across the room. I arrived a few minutes early, entered the front doors walked straight to the registration desk presented my health card, turned around to glance at all those waiting but the room was empty! There was not a single person waiting. No one. What a disappointment, I thought it would feel like being at Disney World going straight to the front of line but in stead it felt like being at Ontario Place.
 At least I didn't have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment