Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Bees!

   I attend quite a few business events where I am required to socialize over a few drinks, with people I have just met, pretending that I am interested in the small talk, hoping, that a conversation with someone will result in a new business lead.
  I was recently at a meeting with various businesses in a local community looking for new contacts. I then committed a cardinal sin. If you notice that guy. The one who people seem to be ignoring, there is usually a reason. Listen to your gut and do not approach!  However, being who I am, I approached and asked "so what business are you in"?
 Bee keeping! Now, there is nothing wrong with bee keeping, it is actually a very interesting job. But did I need an hour lecture about bees? Did you know that there are funeral bees, pharmacy bees and feeding bees? Did you know that when a bee is really sick it flies out of the hive and dies. Did you know that in the winter bees don't hibernate but actually need to eat and be kept warm. I bet you did not know that bees cuddle all winter to stay warm. I could even explain to you what a bee keeper needs to do every day to ensure his hives survive the winter. Bees can even be trained, see below.
 If I was in the farming industry this may have been a great contact but since I am in the health industry all I wanted to do was go home and take two tylenol.


Trained bomb sniffing bees

No comments:

Post a Comment