Tuesday, May 6, 2014

You think its cold outside?

  So I am leaving to Israel for Passover and I discover, the morning of my flight, that my furnace has stopped working. My flight is leaving in a few hours and it is Sunday so I will have to look after it from overseas. It is also April, spring, time for the weather to warm up, so there is no major rush. Of course while away I do nothing, but that is ok, May is always warm.
   I arrived home last week and not only is my furnace still broken but it is damn cold! It's May and it is still freezing at night.
  You may think a sweater and an extra blanket would suffice, that's what I thought but I was wrong. Ever get out of a hot shower in a very cold room? What about that freezing cold toilet seat? Do you know that the lights take longer to brighten when it is cold?
  At least the wine is cool, the heating bill is low and the pillow refreshing. I am thinking of having a furnace party when the new furnace arrives. Crank up the heat, put down some sand and make my living room into a beach. Maybe spend the day at home in my bathing suit. Or perhaps just wear my Montreal Canadians sweater and socks. Go habs!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment