Thursday, July 17, 2014

I will try to cross that bridge when I come to it.

I was already driving on the Island for about 40 minutes. It was raining hard Tuesday on Manitoulin Island and very difficult to see the road. There where constant signs warning me that I was driving on loose gravel, signs I did not need as the rough road was reminder enough. I had not seen another car for about 20 minutes but I was lucky my GPS was in control and knew exactly where I was headed, to South Baymouth to catch the ferry home. Anyone who relies on a GPS is well aware that it loves finding the most remote roads in the area to travel on. Then it appeared: Road Closed, Bridge Out! Have you ever tried to get alternate directions from a GPS, all you hear is the dreaded "recalculating". What to do? There is no one around to ask directions, I am surrounded by country dirt roads and my GPS tells me to keep driving ahead. Sometimes when you encounter obstacles in life you must make a decision which way to go, I continued straight ahead. The bridge was indeed out. The men working on the bridge laughed when I arrived, "the GPS always gives these directions" as they directed me to an alternate route. Back through many different dirt roads until I arrived at a real paved road, fellow cars and clear signs. Needless to say I made the ferry and arrived home safely. I am though looking forward to my next GPS adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment