Thursday, February 20, 2014

a confession


                                                      
 Before the Olympics are over I must confess something. I watched women’s curling. I don’t curl, I don’t understand how the game works, I have no clue how one wins or loses, scores or steals but Canada was playing for gold and I needed to watch. The score was tied 3-3 heading into the eighth, or so I call it. The Canadian player shot her big heavy thing, the other ladies were working very hard with their brooms and I found myself shouting SWEEP SWEEP. I have no idea what the sweeping actually does and when they are supposed to sweep but I was swept into the Olympic moment and I joined the chorus. The Canadian big heavy thing slid down the ice hit the other team’s big heavy thing and pushed it away. What a great shot, I thought. The announcer then commented about what a lost opportunity for Canada. HUH?

Whether I had a clue as to what was going on or not, Canada won gold and I like to think I had a little something to do with it.    
                               Another Moe Moment                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment