Wednesday, February 19, 2014

olympic spirit


                                                                                                                                      
 I love sports, I love competition, I am also a patriot so it is only natural that I would love the Olympics. But I have always wondered how certain competitions were created and when does an athlete realize that this is what they want to do with their lives.

  The Biathlon, for example, you cross country ski with a gun on your back. You ski as fast as you can, stop shoot a target and then continue skiing and shooting… how is this a sport, who created it and what type of person decides that this is what they are good at. I think the competition would be far more interesting if they had to shoot each other and the last one standing wins. I would also be more concerned about one of these guys getting upset about losing at the Olympics than terrorists attacking. They already have a gun, they are excellent marksman and they can make a quick getaway. Also why do mostly Eastern European countries win this competition? I will not be visiting Belarus any time soon. Just saying!

 -Did you know that Jamaica actually has a bobsled team.

 -Did you know that in 1904 Canada won Gold in Golf.  
                                            Another insightful Moe moment









No comments:

Post a Comment