Monday, April 7, 2014

Careful when flying

   Does anyone actually enjoy flying. From start to finish it is a total inconvenience. The wait in one line after another. Removing shoes, jackets, belts, hats...and still you may be selected for a "random search". The $5 bottle of water you are forced to buy because you can't bring one from home!
 Then there is the wait at the gate hoping the plane is on time and don't you like how half the passengers get in line to board before they actually announce boarding. This reduces the likelihood that you will find a spot for your carry on to almost zilch.
    Of course once on the plane the seats are cramped, they serve the smallest possible glass of beverage and the line up waiting for someone to finish in that tiny bathroom is disgusting, but although the whole experience is really quite unpleasant I really don't mind flying.
   When on the plane I generally try to work a little, sleep a little, and watch a few movies.  I was once on a flight, sitting in bulk head, when I decided to watch a movie. Of course with the seats so close together you always have to be careful which movie you are going to select. I was told about a very funny movie that was available and I decided to turn it on, put my seat back and try to enjoy the flight. If you have ever sat in bulk head you will remember that the small touch screen is on the wall in front of the seat and slightly elevated so all passengers have a clear view of what you are watching.
   I am relaxed, my seat is NOT in the upright position, and the movie begins. It may have been a funny movie but it was also totally inappropriate. Here I am, Yarmalka on my head, with "scantily dressed" women on my screen in full view of the entire plane. And being in the bulk head it is not easy stopping the movie as it is not easily reachable. You need to bring your chair upright, loosen the seat belt and jump up to stop the movie.
   Although I was slightly uncomfortable it could have been worse. Take a look at what this guy below had to endure on his flight. Probably no movies at all for him.





No comments:

Post a Comment