Sunday, April 20, 2014

Handle with care

     Many of us have traveled by air and it is not always a wonderful experience. Never mind the long cramped flight, there is always the concern that your luggage may not arrive with you or something may be broken in or stolen from your luggage.
    I once flew to a family wedding in Atlanta. I arrived with my family but my luggage, I was told, arrived in Florida. Not to worry, I was assured the luggage was on its way to Atlanta as we spoke and would be delivered to my hotel with plenty of time to spare before the wedding. It was only Thursday and the wedding was not until Sunday.
   Friday..Saturday...Sunday nothing. My family was off to buy clothes for the wedding Sunday afternoon as my luggage had disappeared and Air Canada had no record of where it was. I borrowed an almost fitting suit and my wife and daughters purchased new dresses. Air Canada did compensate us for the new purchases but what happened to our luggage?
   As we checked out Monday morning from the hotel the reception desk asked us if we knew which Green was missing their luggage as it arrived some time on Sunday to the hotel, however since there were so many Green's staying for the wedding, the hotel did not know who it belonged to. Our luggage was found but what about Air Canada? I called them and they told me that the ticket was still open as they had no new information about the whereabouts of the luggage. 
   To this day Air Canada does not know where my luggage is. They have no record of delivering it to the hotel. The question however remains; with the fabulously well trained Air Canada baggage handlers that they have, how is it possible that they have no record of my luggage or even lose or break anything in anyone's luggage?  
    Maybe the below video, shot from an Air Canada plane last week, could answer this most puzzling mystery?        






No comments:

Post a Comment