Sunday, April 13, 2014

Trouble keeping my pants on!

 I was walking down the street the other day and I watched as a young man was running down the street trying to catch a bus, although he ran as fast as he could he missed the bus. Why? Because as he ran he was slowed down, needing one hand to keep his pants from falling down.
  Today it is becoming more and more difficult for men to keep their pants from falling down. When men wore suits every day it was not a problem, but times have changed. Women have purses men just have pant pockets. Many of us already have our maturing physique and gravity to overcome in order to keep our pants from falling down, but now in addition to our great physical shape we just have too many items and too much weight in our pockets that are pushing our pants to our knees. Have you ever noticed how many guys constantly do the "lift and tuck". That's because our pants are working their way down to our socks.
 When I am with my wife I am fine because I give her most of my items to carry but when I am alone it is a constant battle. Just look at what I have to deal with:
-Car keys, two sets!
-House keys.
-Work keys.
-Wallet with more and more cards, credit cards, loyalty cards, gas cards, license, health card....
-Loose change, big loonies, bigger toonies ....
-Phone hanging on my belt and sometimes one in my pocket.
-Gum or Listerine pocket packs.
-Pen and paper.
-Items picked up during the day and stowed in my pockets, business cards, notes, reminders...
How are we expected to keep our pants on?  Do we need to start carrying purses? I for one will not be the first to start the trend, however, I just might be the second?

No comments:

Post a Comment