Wednesday, March 5, 2014

new fad diet


I don’t think it needs to be said that I dislike shopping. I believe that most men despise shopping. Whether it’s for food or clothing it is not our favorite activity and we try to avoid it at all costs.                                                                                                          

 But this has all changed. I was recently shopping at a large grocery store and I discovered that people believe that it is actually permitted to eat the food at the store without purchasing the item. I was walking down the fruit aisle and there I saw a middle aged woman, an obvious seasoned shopper, eating grapes as she was looking around at the produce. The grapes were not in her cart but still sitting on the shelf in their little container as she was enjoying one grape after another.

 A few minutes later I passed an elderly gentleman, again an experienced shopper, next to the chip shelf and to my surprise he was eating chips right out of a bag still sitting on the shelf. He did not appear to be confused just obviously a little hungry for a snack. I lingered to see whether he intended to purchase the chips and when he finished munching he closed up the bag and pushed it to the back of the shelf.

 So I asked myself do stores know about this and permit it ?  Do they account for it in their budget, perhaps under a category called “goods eaten”?  If so can I also eat while shopping?

   I think this could be the next fad diet. Whenever you are hungry for munchies, run to your local grocery store, open a bag of chips, a chocolate bar or maybe a package of cookies, eat all you can until they see you. Then run. This way you limit your snacking and get in some exercise at the same time.  

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment